Maggie Marshall earned her degree in Psychology and worked at the management level in the human services field until she got married and had children. She and her husband have spent the last nineteen years raising and homeschooling their two children. In 2009, Maggie earned her Certification of Dog Training from Animal Behavior College and began her business, Maggie Marshall Dog Training.
In the past nine years, Maggie has built her business and improved her skills. In 2015, she earned a Certification of Professional Dog Trainer. Maggie comes highly recommended by her previous clients, the Clay County Humane Society, Jacksonville Humane Society, GREAT Rescue, local veterinarians and fellow trainers in Jacksonville. Maggie is a member in good standing of the Animal Behavior College Alumni, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants and The Pet Professional Guild. In 2014 and 2015, Maggie's business won Angie's List Super Service Award for outstanding reviews. In 2016, Maggie became a Mentor Trainer for Animal Behavior College students and the official trainer of Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming in Fleming Island. In 2017, Maggie won Best Trainer by Jacksonville Magazine. Maggie lost her mentor and close friend, Bob Hammesfahr, owner of Behavior Training for Dogs, in April of 2018. She and Bob maintained a professional relationship until he passed. He was the best trainer Maggie ever knew and was blessed to have learned from him and been given so much from him - he was a smart business man, a talented dog trainer and a true friend. Maggie keeps her training skills current by attending frequent webinars and yearly training conferences and now, she, is mentoring others to train dogs.
Maggie offers training programs in her clients’ homes for anything from puppy house-training to dogs with bite histories. Maggie uses Positive Reinforcement as her method of training because she believes that we, as dog owners, should use our brains to teach dogs, not our brawn. Maggie’s methods are easy to use, obtain fast results and are fun for the dog and the dog’s family. Maggie uses her experience in the human service field to help her to really listen to her clients and find practical solutions to their doggie dilemmas.
"Maggie's awesome. With incredible ease, she demonstrates immediate total canine command!"
- Teach and strengthen desired behaviors.
- Extinguish undesired behaviors.
- Teach owners how to influence their dogs' behavior in real life situations.
- Are honest, direct and understandable.
- Use Positive Reinforcement, which simply put means rewarding a desired behavior until it becomes a habit. Rewards include food, praise, play, attention, walks, and anything else the dog enjoys.
- Do not use force, fear or equipment that hurts a dog.
- Get dogs and their owners to repeat desired behaviors until they come naturally to both, without thinking – in other words….trained!
- Help bridge the gap between human and canine communication, leading to a better understanding between both parties.
Maggie uses methods which are in agreement with:
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology.
- CPDT-KA: Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed, Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers.
- ABCDT: Certificate of Dog Training, Animal Behavior College.
- Mentor Trainer for Animal Behavior College.
- Member of Animal Behavior College Alumni, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers and the Pet Professionals' Guild.
- Recommended by the Jacksonville Humane Society, the Clay County Humane Society, GREAT Rescue, Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming Fleming Island, local vets and previous clients.
- Mentored by Bob Hammesfahr, owner of Behavior Training for Dogs.
- Homeschooling mom, wife and owner of two of the world’s best dogs.
- Winner of the 2014 and 2015 Angie's List Super Service Award.
- Featured on Channel 4 Morning LIVE, in reports about both dog attacks and dog safety.
- Safety Patrol Staff for National Event, Strutt Your Mutt by Best Friends Animal Society, 2016, 2017
Jacksonville Magazine's Best Dog Trainer in the City, 2017.